How to Become a Volunteer Deputy Registrar
1. Fill out and submit the Application for Appointment to the Voter Registrar.
2. Receive "Training for Texas Volunteer Deputy Registrars" as prescribed by the Secretary of State on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 2:00 P.M. at the Gonzales County Tax Office, 522 Saint Matthew St., Gonzales, TX 78629.
3. Receive your Certificate of Appointment, copies of the training material, a receipt book, and voter registration applications (20). ***Please note, more applications will be provided upon request.
Deputy Registrar Training Guide
Texas Volunteer Deputy Registrar Guide
It is as easy as 1....2....3....
If you would like more information about becoming a volunteer Deputy Registrar, please come the Tax Office or visit the Secretary of State's Website....... www.sos.state.tx.us
MARCH 4, 2014 PRIMARTY ELECTION
BALLOTS BY MAIL:
- Application for Ballots By Mail will be available Beginning JANUARY 3, 2014
- Available from Lee Riedel, Gonzales County Clerk, PO Box 77, Gonzales, TX 78629 (830.672.2801)
- Applications MUST be RECEIVED (NOT POSTMARKED) by COUNTY CLERK NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2014
- Mail Ballots must be returned by mail, by election day.....
APPLICATIONS FOR BALLOT BY MAIL MUST MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- 65 years of age or older
- Confinement in Jail
- Expected absence from county on election day and during the period of early voting. (Ballots for this reason can only be mailed to an address outside the county.)
EARLY VOTING BY PERSONAL APPEARANCE:
Begins TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Ends FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Early Voting Locations:
- Courthouse Annex - 1709 Sarah Dewitt Dr., Gonzales, TX (across from the "old" Wal-Mart)
- City of Nixon Building, 100 W 3rd, Nixon, TX
- City of Waelder Building, 300 Hwy 90 W, Waelder, TX
You must be registered to vote 30 days prior to the election to be eligible to vote. The last day to register is FEBRUARY 3, 2014. If you have moved, it is also necessary that you contact the Voter Registrar's Office to correct your address. (830.672.2841)
Senate Bill 14 (SB14) created a new requirement for voters to show photo identification when voting IN PERSON. This new requirement went into effect June 25, 2013. ALL VOTERS ARE NOW REQUIRED TO PRESENT AN APPROVED FORM OF PHOTO IDENTIFICATION IN ORDER TO VOTE IN ALL TEXAS ELECTIONS.
Acceptable forms of photo ID:
- Texas Drivers License
- Texas Identification Card
- Texas Concealed Handgun License
- US Passport
- all of the above must be unexpired or expired within 60 days
- US Military Identification Card
- US Citizenship Certificate (with photo)
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED FORMS OF ID, YOU MAY APPLY FOR AN ELECTION IDENTIFICATION CERTIFICATE FROM THE DPS (DRIVER'S LICENSE OFFICE). THIS CARD IS ONLY GOOD FOR VOTING, NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION.
These rules do not affect voting by mail: ONLY IN PERSON
WHERE TO VOTE ON ELECTION DAY
PCT 1-Gonzales County Courthouse, 414 St. Joseph St., Gonzales, TX
PCT 2-Master Gardner's Center, 623 N. Fair St., Gonzales, TX
PCT 3-City Building, 820 St. Joseph St., Gonzales, TX
PCT 4 & 6-Gonzales County Nixon Annex, 603 E Central, Nixon, TX
PCT 5-Belmont Community Center (Methodist Church), 14335 Hwy 90A W, Belmont, TX
PCT 7-Texas Elks Children's Services (Elk's Hospital), 1963 FM 1586, Ottine, TX
PCT 8-Harwood Community Center, 101 CR 230 N, Harwood, TX
PCT 9-Waelder Community Center, 311 Hwy 90 W, Waelder, TX
PCT 10-Smiley Fire Station, 208 FM 108 N, Smiley, TX
PCT 11-Peach Valley Youth Camp, 581 CR 357, Gonzales TX
PCT 12-JB Wells Jr Park/Multi-Purpose Facility Show Barn,
2301 CR 197, Gonzales, TX
PCT 13-Leesville Cemetery Association, 6077 CR 155, Leesville, TX
PCT 14-Cheapside Community Center, 18 CR 297A, Cheapside, TX
PCT 15-Guadalupe Valley Telephone Co-Op, 67 FM 466 S, Cost, TX